Monday, November 30, 2015

English is Hard

Despite very few people being able to speak English in Zhengzhou, there is a lot of English writing around the city. While sometimes it can be helpful, most of the time it is just entertaining.  This post is a compilation of the best of the English fails I have captured since since arriving in China.  Although I did not include any profane pictures.  You would be surprised with how many little children unknowingly have inappropriate words or phrases on their shirts. 

Only the frishest food sold at my grocery store.

Coming soon to a mall near me.

Don't you hate when you're head accidentally meets something?

I'm already skeptical enough about the milk here.

A logical name choice for a corner grocery. 

By far the best named shop ever to exist. 

Not sure how to feel about this menu?
New restaurant near the school and I obviously am going to try the curry.
I should really buy these to see if they even have cinnamon on them.
No Money.  No Friends.

Korean clothing companies are also confused by English.

The twins wearing tomatobus outfits.  It said "tomato" on their bums.

Seems legit.

A nice gibberish shirt.

Chubbygang 69

Nothing wrong with the English, I just love his facial expression with it.

Even the teachers join in on the fun.

Stay Gold Pony Girl worn by a little boy.

Is this supposed to be a messed up Outsiders reference?

Black Dress sweater?

He has never worn lipstick, at least that I know of...
Where can I buy one of these?

Yes, please.

Not sure if it would be better/worse if her twin brother wore this instead?

Well this doesn't seem right.

Seen this bedding countless times and only just realized it's a knock off.


Translator fail that is just too good.
Stray thoughts:
  • Sorry for the blog silence, been too busy being awesome.  Just kidding, it's been crazy at school and I have been doing some traveling.  Upcoming blog posts will be about going to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Army and also my trip to Hong Kong.  Also, about Thanksgiving and what happens when it snows in China.
  • If you like the above WeChat translation fail then you should get the app. You can message me all the time and see photos that I post fairly regularly.  Nobody seems to pay attention to me recommending WeChat but you really should get it.  It's the best way to contact me.
  • This is one of my favorite buildings in Zhengzhou.  Not sure what it's actually called but everyone seems to call it the Corn Cob.

3 comments:

  1. Your posts are entertaining. Noah would actually wear shirts like these kids wear.
    Sex Pistols and Rolling Stones combined...interesting

    Bring some shirts back you come to The States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie! I just got done reading all of your posts--most excellent China adventure--really frish. I enjoyed reading about your travels and your school. You've been able to do so much in a short amount of time. Keep posting and letting us live vicariously.
    Love,
    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey yeah, these funny clothing items would be a great gift. JY, I picture you in several of them, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete